Bangkok has loads of family-friendly activities that kids will love, from ‘edutainment’ venues for children to learn while they play to exciting theme parks, games arcades and exciting outdoor attractions. You can even surf in Bangkok! Truly, there is just as much fun and adventure to be had for the little ones as for mom and dad, and the possibilities are endless.
This list details the best things for families with children to do in Bangkok, with a handy age range so you can find which ideas are suitable. Check out what the big city has in the way of kids activities below.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
KidzaniaAges: 3-12 years old
Kidzania is the most innovative addition to the 'edutainment' scene in Bangkok. This is unlike anything we have seen before and the level of fun has been raised to a brand new level.
Kidzania allows children to try out a range of activities in a model city. Popular ‘jobs’ include playing doctor at the miniature hospital, fighting fires, policing the streets or learning how to make sushi like a master chef. Located in Siam Paragon shopping mall, this is one of the easiest spots to find in Bangkok with plenty of other fun things to do nearby. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Weekdays from 10am to 5pm, Weekends from 10.30am to 8.30pm
- Location: 5th floor of Siam Paragon, 991 Rama 1 Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Bounce BangkokAges: 4 years and up
Bounce Inc. Bangkok is an action-packed trampoline park. The huge space is popular with children and teens, and is open to everyone aged 3 and older (young children require adult supervision). Sessions last 1 hour, with seating for mom and dad to watch the action.
You'll find trampolines of all kinds: some have padded walls so you can practice your Park Coeur flips and jumps, others are slanted at a 45-degree angle, others land into a crash mat so you can attempt crazy tricks without even the slightest worry of getting hurt. Located on the 4th floor of EmQuartier shopping mall, take the BTS to Phrom Phong station to find Bounce trampoline park. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: 4th Floor EmQuartier, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 079 1146
Ice SkatingAges: 4 years and up
A classic children’s activity that's available in several locations throughout Bangkok is ice skating. Bangkok has several great ice rinks – some that are Olympic-sized. If you're a bit wobbly on skates, you can opt to take a lesson or even use one of the penguin-shaped stabilisers that help beginners keep their balance.
Popular ice rinks in Bangkok can be found in Central Rama 9, Major Ekkamai on Sukhumvit, and CentralWorld shopping mall in Siam. Read More...
LazgamAges: 7 years and up
Laser games in Bangkok have been few and far between in recent years so when Lazgam opened we were happy to have a family-friendly, all-weather activity to try. Games last 15 minutes and really get the heart racing.
Located on the 5th floor of the Holiday Inn Sukhumvit, Lazgam Bangkok is spread out across 2 floors within a maze of walls and partitions. There are several types of game to play but the most common are Teams, red vs blue, or Solo Play, which means every man for himself. Other game types include Alien Invasion when one player starts as the alien and has to shoot people to turn them into aliens too. Lazgam Bangkok is open to anyone aged 7 and over. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 2pm to 11pm, Friday from 2pm to midnight, Saturday from 10am to midnight, Sunday from 10am to 11pm
- Location: 5th floor Holiday Inn Sukhumvit Hotel, Sukhumvit Soi 22, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 663 7703
FunariumAges: toddlers and children up to around 8 years old
If you want a guaranteed hit for the small children in your family, then Funarium Indoor Playground in Bangkok is the place to go. This large entertainment area may look like a warehouse from outside, but inside you'll find 2,000 sq m of activities, with a large climbing structure, little kids soft play area, sand and water areas as well as an arts and craft centre and baking station. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 9am to 6pm, Friday–Sunday from 9am to 7pm
- BTS: Phrom Phong
- Address: 111/1 Sukhumvit 26 Alley, Watthana, Bangkok 10120, Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0)2 665 6555
Children's Discovery MuseumAges: 3 years and up
The Children’s Discovery Museum Bangkok offers a wealth of fun and educational activities to keep the kids occupied for a whole day, such as digging up dinosaur bones in the archaeological site and creating giant bubbles from inside them! The museum encourages a hands-on approach to learning with interactive displays it calls a 'discovery learning process'.
You can find the Children’s Discovery Museum Bangkok located in the north of the city near the famous Chatuchak Weekend Market. Just take the BTS Skytrain to Mo Chit or MRT to Kampangphet and then it’s a short walk from there. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 4pm
- Location: Kamphaeng Phet 4 Rd, Khwaeng Lat Yao, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900
- Tel: +66 (0)2 272 4500
Flight Experience BangkokAges: 10 years and up
A simulation flight is an extra-special gift for young children who dream of being pilots. The experience feels so realistic that the cockpit in Bangkok has even been used in films and TV shows, which makes it too challenging for very young children, but there is a trusty co-pilot sitting alongside you throughout to lend a helping hand. All the controls are genuine, and you can take off and land from practically any runway in the world.
Flight Experience Bangkok is on the 2nd floor of Gateway Ekamai Mall, which is connected to Ekkamai BTS Skytrain Station on Sukhumvit Road. Read More...
- Location: Gateway Ekamai, 2nd Floor,,Sukumvit Road, Prakanong, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 048 9922
Zanook Wake ParkAges: 6 years and up
Zanook Wake Park is the best downtown Bangkok wakeboarding lake, with the fun addition of a floating, inflatable playground in the centre of the lake. You can rent all the necessary equipment and there's an on-site restaurant with views of the action.
Whether this is your first time trying to wakeboard or you are an experienced rider, Zanook Bangkok is the best place to strap on a board and carve up the water close to central Bangkok (it’s close to Bang Wa Station on the Silom line). Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 11.30am to 9.30pm, Saturday–Sunday from 9am to 9.30pm
- Address: 77 Bangbon 3 Rd, Bangbon, Bang Wa, Bangkok 10150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 104 9053