Night markets in Bangkok offer a carnival-like atmosphere with a huge array of goods to browse and plenty of bars and live music to keep everyone in good spirits. Instead of international brands and franchise restaurants, Bangkok’s night markets are excellent for purchasing local items – some crafted by skilled artisans, some pumped out by factory workers, others sourced from second-hand stalls in Europe or Japan.
Many of these night markets are quite popular among youths, as they get to spend their evenings shopping for souvenirs and sampling street food. Some are also known for their unique themes – where else could you find shops occupying metal shipping containers? Check out our guide on the best night markets in Bangkok.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Famous for its retro memorabilia, Rot Fai Market in Srinakarin is an authentic open-air bazaar offering antique furniture, hippy fashion, and discontinued toys. Located in the eastern suburbs of Bangkok, there are 3 sections within this huge market space, and many traders sell modern fashion and apparel more typical of the city’s many night markets. One of the biggest differences here is that all vintage items are guaranteed to be genuine, sourced from all over the world: America, China, Myanmar, Europe, and Thailand. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Thursday–Sunday from 5pm to 1am (closed Monday–Wednesday)
- Location: 51 Srinagarindra Road, Nong Bon, Prawet, Bangkok 10250, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)8 1827 5885
Asiatique occupies a huge replica warehouse complex in Bangkok Riverside, offering over 1,500 boutiques and 40 restaurants. Market stall prices are higher than elsewhere, but if you’re travelling with kids, they’ll enjoy the massive Ferris Wheel, arcade games, and live shows. 2 of Asiatique’s biggest entertainment draws are the Thai puppets by Joe Louis Theatre and Calypso Cabaret, one of Bangkok’s celebrated ladyboy shows. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4pm to midnight
- Location: 2194 Charoenkrung Road, Wat Phraya Krai, Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)92 246 0812
Rot Fai Market Ratchada is split into long avenues with antiques, second-hand toys, and kitsch curios. On the periphery, there’s a combination of clothes, shoes, handbags, and plenty of snack stalls. It's more compact than the market in Srinakarin, and the vibe at Rot Fai Market Ratchada is towards bargain fashion. There’s a cool drinking spot at the back of the market, where you can enjoy live music and cheap whisky. Everyone is very friendly, and conversation flows easily between tables. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Thursday–Sunday from 5pm to midnight (closed Monday–Wednesday)
- Location: Ratchadaphisek Road, Din Daeng, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)92 713 5599
Chang Chui Bangkok Plane Night Market has a nice selection of shopping and dining, combined with modern, urban and often wacky art installations. The huge shell of an aeroplane is a head turner at Chang Chui, but as you explore the grounds, you will find plenty of sculptures and urban art pieces made from recycled materials. A food pavilion serves Asian and international street food such as fresh oysters, sushi, pizza, ramen, and som tum (green papaya salad). Read More...
- Opening Hours: Thursday–Tuesdays from 11am to 11pm (closed on Wednesdays)
- Location: 460/8 Sirindhorn Rd, Bang Phlat, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 817 2888
Artbox Bangkok, also called Artboxthailand, is a trendy outdoor market in Chuvit Garden. Located between the Asok and Nana BTS Skytrain Stations, most stalls occupy giant metal shipping containers, while picnic tables and benches are scattered throughout the park. You won’t find tacky tourist souvenirs at this open-air market, but youthful fashion and handmade accessories by local designers. Artbox Bangkok often hosts live music in the evenings, resulting in a rather laidback atmosphere.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4pm to midnight
- Location: Chuvit Garden, Sukhumvit 10 Alley, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)99 098 2332