B-Gallery Fashion Mall
Baiyoke Gallery Fashion Mall, or just ‘B-gallery’ is a modern and spacious mall in the very centre of the Pratunam district. Opened at the end of 2013, the five floors contain mostly independent retailers specialising in clothing and accessories. The whole place feels a bit like an air-conditioned, roomier extension of the better-known Pratunam Market which surrounds it, whilst several novel features like the fake grass lawn, an English post box and bright designs all draw similarities to the larger and more popular Terminal 21 on Sukhumvit Road. Just like most shopping places in Pratunam, bargaining is advisable although most of the prices on dresses, t-shirts, accessories and electronics are already cheap. The mall is named after, and owned by, Baiyoke Tower which is just a two minutes walk away.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 21:00
- Location: Walk Up Phetchaburi Soi 21 from Platinum Mall or down the same road from Baiyoke Tower.
City Complex Pratunam
Proving particularly popular with young females, City Complex in Pratunam is six-storeys of clothes, clothes and more clothes! The large mall is opposite the more popular Platinum Mall, and has a vast selection of cheap and cheerful dresses, shoes, fabrics, accessories and the odd t-shit/jeans store for the guys. If you get bored of the rows and rows of almost identical stalls, head to the fifth floor for their tired-looking but cheap food court, which serves up mostly Thai dishes. Find City Complex by walking along Phetchaburi Road (if you’re coming from Chid Lom BTS, walk up past Central World then use one of the flyovers over Phetchaburi Road to access the mall.)
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 21:00
- Address: 831 Phetchaburi Road, Bangkok
- Tel: +66 2 254 1999
Baiyoke Tower Garment Centre
Following the same theme as the rest of the shopping options in the Platinum area, Baiyoke Tower Garment Centre is a shopping arcade selling lots of cheap clothes and accessories. This shopping spot has definitely seen its better days; however, if you’re visiting/staying in the Baiyoke Tower and want to do a spot of bargain hunting, this small market-like area is a particularly convenient choice. Prices are dirt cheap and if you’re buying in bulk you’re sure to be able to negotiate a discount. Baiyoke Tower Garment Centre is also home to a few tailors too and prices start at about 800 baht for a custom made shirt.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Bottom of the Baiyoke Tower, 222 Ratchaprarop Road, Bangkok
Indra Square Market feels like another air-conditioned extension of the nearby Pratunam Market, selling most of the same clothing items at similar prices. This indoor shopping Mall is part of the Indra Regent Hotel, and has over 300 stores dedicated to fabrics, dresses, knock-off designer t-shirts, accessories and electronics. For a change from all those clothes Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:30 - 21:00
- Location: Rajprarop Road
Krung Thong Plaza
Some might dismiss Krung Thong Plaza as being an aging collection of shops catered towards those going for the whole 1990’s girl band look, whilst others will claim it’s a forgotten goldmine of cheap and quirky clothing waiting to be exploited. Access is at street level on Phetchaburi Road or via the overhead bridge which links directly from the massive Pantip Plaza IT Mall across the street. Once inside, you’ll be greeted by a mishmash of run down stores selling brightly coloured fabrics, t-shirts with slogans strewn across and plenty a snazzy accessory stores that sell funky hats, sunglasses and jewellery. Prices, just like the standard of upkeep at Krung Thong Plaza, are low – even lower if you try your hand at little bit of bargaining.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 18:00 daily
- Address: 813/8 Phetchaburi Road (opposite Pantip Plaza IT Mall)
- Tel: +66 2 653-9333
Palladium World Shopping Mall
Situated at the intersection of Rajprarop Road and Petchburi roads, Pratunam Centre is a four-storey shopping complex targeting the bargain-happy teenagers and young workers by offering cheaper Chinese import product. The entire first and second floors are dedicated to OTOP (one Tambon, one prodcut) Centre, which promotes handicrafts from Thai villages to cultivate local economic developments. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:30 – 21:00
- Location: Intersection of Rajprarop and Petchburi roads
Pantip Plaza IT Mall
What to look out for (and what to avoid) at Pantip Plaza, the most famous Bangkok electronics mall. Pantip Plaza is the mother of all IT shops in Thailand and has gained legendary status as the place to find new and used computers and accessories at rock-bottom prices. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 21:00 (every day).
- Location: Petchaburi Road, opposite Pratunam's City Complex
- BTS: Chidlom (but still quite a walk)
- How to get there: From BTS Chidlom, either hire a tuk-tuk/taxi or walk ten minutes down Ratchadamri Road past Central World on your left, over the Saen Saeb canal and then left on Phetburi Road. Walk about two blocks, and Pantip Plaza should be on your left.
Platinum Fashion Mall
Platinum Fashion Mall is like an indoor version of the Chatuchak Weekend Market. It specializes in wholesale fashion clothing and accessories, with four floors of shopping space, packed with some 1,300 shops. Here, haggling is part of the fun, and you’ll save more buying in larger quantities. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 22:00
- Location: Petchburi, Ratchathewi (next to Pantip Plaza)
- BTS: The nearest Skytrain station is Chidlom (but not really walking distance, you wll need a taxi or tuk yuk)
Pratunam Market is a major market selling clothes, shoes, and fashion accessories at wholesale prices. Enter the small alleys and jam-packed small streets and you will find yourself in the middle of a clothes-maze. Prices are very cheap, and most shops offer retail prices for single pieces. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 24 hours (retail shops open from 10:00 - 21:00)
- Location: Intersection of Ratchaprop and Petchburi roads to Ratchaprarop Soi 3
Shibuya 19 Shopping Mall
Shibuya 19 Shopping Mall in Bangkok is a six storey complex selling fashionable clothes for ladies and gents at discount prices. The stalls in Shibuya 19 are loosely arranged around themes such as Fashion, Bags and Shoes, but it’s a fairly haphazard collection with the majority of the mall dedicated to women’s fashion. It is similar Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:00 - 19:00
- Location: Phetchaburi 19, Pratunam
- BTS: Ratchatewi or Chit Lom (Both require a 10 minute walk. Head to Platinum Fashion Mall. Shibuya 19 Shopping Mall is opposite).
- Tel: +66 (0) 2257 3980