Bamboo Bar at Mandarin Oriental Bangkok
In keeping with the Oriental's colonial style, Bamboo Bar could well be from a scene in Out Of Africa with its plush jungle-style interior and polished furnishings. The low-key bar exudes a feeling of old-school glamour, perfect for enjoying a signature Oriental Mai Tai cocktail prepared by the skilled bartender, trained at the world-renowned Harry's Bar Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Thursday from 5pm to 1am, Friday–Saturday from 5pm to 2am
- Location: Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, 48 Oriental Avenue, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 659 9000
Be My Guest
Fancy a change from all the 5-star hotels and plush restaurants on the riverside but still want to soak up those pretty views across the water? Then Be My Guest, with its no-frills menu of Thai and western classics and more-than relaxed dress code, is a great bet. This riverside bar/restaurant sits in the shadows of the looming Millennium Hilton and while this luxury hotel boasts a whole list of fine wining and dining option, Be My Guests specialises in delivering a less refined, more laidback vibe.
As well as hotel guests, Be My Guests also welcomes plenty of Thais who come to enjoy the cheap local beers, authentic Thai food and those romantic river views. A great spot if you want to impress your date without dipping too deep into your pocket. Get there by heading to Klong San Pier, or just ask your taxi driver for the Millennium Hilton to avoid confusion.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4pm to 12am
- Location: 219 Charoen Nakhon Rd, Khlong Ton Sai, Khlong San, Bangkok 10600, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 259 2653
Distil Rooftop Bar at Lebua Bangkok
Distil, the second rooftop bar on top of the famous State Tower, is a cocktail bar and lounge marrying the most innovative drinks in Bangkok with a seriously awe-inspiring view from the 64th floor of lebua Hotel. Comprised of an indoor seating area of comfy sofas, a circular bar, and an outdoor cigar terrace, this is Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 1am
- Location: State Tower, 1055 Si Lom, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 624 9555
Trader Vic's at Anantara Riverside Bangkok
Trader Vic’s is famous across the world for being the birthplace of the Mai Tai cocktail at its original venue in California. Bangkok has its very own branch at the stunning Anantara Riverside Resort on the Thonburi side of the river, which sticks to the fun and lively Polynesian theme.
As well as being able to Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 12am (Sunday brunch from 11.30am to 3pm)
- Location: Anantara Bangkok Riverside, 257 Charoen Nakhon Rd, Samre, Thon Buri, Bangkok 10600, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 476 0022
Sala Rattanakosin Eatery and Bar
Sala Rattanakosin restaurant offers one of the most iconic views it’s possible to find in Bangkok. Located on the riverside directly opposite Wat Arun (The Temple of Dawn), the owners of this boutique hotel have made the most of this privileged location by constructing the entire side of the property out of glass. This means you Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 10.30am, 11am to 4.30pm and 5.30pm to 10.30pm
- Location: 39 Maha Rat Rd, Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 622 1388
The River Bar at The Peninsula Hotel
As well as a 5-star restaurant, several swanky lounges and a poolside terrace, Bangkok’s Peninsula Hotel boasts a stunning riverside bar – aptly named The River Bar. The venue enjoys all the benefits of being outside while also being covered with a canopy in case of rain. The sumptuous white seating is both comfortable and stylish and the views across the Chao Phraya River, like many similar joints hugging the river on the Thonburi side, are simply stunning.
As for the menu, this is a 5-star hotel, so expect swanky (and pricey) cocktails, wines and imported beers. Their signature ‘Thaijito’ is a blend of cheap ingredients like common Thai rum, peach schnapps, lime juice, mint, pineapple and sugar, yet the end result is surprisingly satisfying, even more so if you sip your drink as the sun sets over the river. Get to The River Bar at the Peninsular Hotel by taking a river ferry from the opposite side or by taxi.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 3pm to 12am
- Location: The Peninsula Hotel Bangkok (Ground Level), 333 Charoen Nakhon Rd, Klongtonsai, Khlong San, Bangkok 10600, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 020 2888
Viva & Aviv The River
Perfect for some post-retail relaxation, the cool Viva & Aviv bar on top of River City shopping mall offers great views over the Chao Phraya, as well as some of the finest cocktails you’ll find in the area outside a hotel bar.
Sit outside and enjoy the breeze or head inside to check out the Caribbean pirate-inspired décor, complete with a big square bar where the flair mixologists concoct interesting cocktails such as Piña Colasi (Appleton Jamaican rum, fresh pineapple, orange and black pepper syrup, citrus and fresh young coconut foam). Look out for special events on their Facebook as they're known to host some pulsating themed parties and DJ nights on a regular basis.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 1am
- Location: River City Shopping Complex, 23 Soi Charoen Krung 24, Talat Noi, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 639 6305