Nightlife in Sathorn is often found in the 5-star hotels and serviced apartments in the area. Zuk Bar at Sukhothai Hotel and Met Bar at Metropolitan Hotel are among the city's best. One of Bangkok's most popular nightlife experiences is drinks at Vertigo, the trendy rooftop bar at Banyan Tree Hotel. The city views are fantastic and well worth a visit. Get there before sunset and dress nicely if you want to get in (no beach shorts, vests, sandals or flip-flops).
Most Popular Nightlife in Sathorn
The Club at Koi Bangkok
The Club at Koi Bangkok is a sophisticated nightclub and lounge where the glamourous come to play. You should dress to impress here, whether you intend to shake it on the dance floor or chill in some of the central booths with a few friends and a top-shelf bottle. If it all gets too much, take Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Saturday from 9pm to 2am (closed on Sundays and Mondays)
- Location: 39FL, Sathorn Square Building, 98 North Sathon Rd, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 108 2005
Junker and Bar
Junker and Bar on the trendy Soi Suan Plu gets packed-out pretty much every night, although considering the size of the place, that isn’t difficult. Despite the limited space, a full band manages to cram into the skinny converted shop house, playing acoustic covers, blues and jazz. Enter during their set and you’ll almost have to step over the singer to get to the bar, which is stocked full of spirits, imported beers and wine.
Burgers, pasta and other comfort food is available too, but probably best enjoyed when seating is less limited during the day time.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 3pm to midnight
- Location: Thanon Suan Phlu, Thung Maha Mek, Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)85 100 3608
Met Bar at Metropolitan Hotel
The Met Bar Bangkok at Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok answers a need for privacy and energy in a space reserved for hotel guests and members only (although they are known to be flexible).
At night, it morphs into a sultry, lounge-style member’s bar with deep chairs and wine-dark walls. Lighting is soft and moody. Bar staff - 'mixologists' - create bespoke Martinis while headline DJs spin lounge house sounds. Drinks start at 200 baht and there's no cover charge. At its busiest and best when hosting an international act or one-off event.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 2pm to midnight
- Location: COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, Sathon Tai Rd, Khwaeng Thung Maha Mek, Khet Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 625 3333
Park Society Rooftop Bar
HI-SO Rooftop Bar at SO Sofitel Bangkok occupies the 29th and 30th floors of the 5-star hotel, offering expansive views of Lumpini Park and Sathorn avenue.
HI-SO Rooftop Bar has a small selection of tapas, cheese, and cold cuts. For something more filling, you can order mains such as Black Angus burgers, steaks, and fish with
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 10.30pm
- Address: 2 N Sathon Rd, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: (+66) 2 624 0000
Revolucion Cocktail Bar Bangkok
Revolucion Cocktail Bar Bangkok is a Latino-themed cocktail bar and Salsa dance club in Bangkok known for its excellent cocktails and local DJs. Originating in Shanghai, Revolucion Cocktail in Bangkok is the second branch in Southeast Asia and offers a great place to complement the buzzing nightlife scene in Sathorn. The entire interior is themed in Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Wednesday from 6pm to 2am, Thursday from 6pm to 3am, Friday from 7pm to 3am, Saturday 7pm to 2am
- Location: 50 Sathon Soi 10, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 235 4823
The team behind Bangkok’s famous Q Bar opened this slightly more modest venue in 2014; since then, Smalls has been making waves across the city’s expat community as the place in Sathorn to come for live music and inventive cocktails.
Located on the increasingly popular Soi Suan Plu, Smalls is dark, broody and welcomes a young Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wednesday–Monday from 7pm to 2am (closed on Tuesdays)
- Location: 186, 3-4 Suan Phlu 1 Alley, Thung Maha Mek, Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)95 585 1398
So Pool Party at Sofitel So Hotel
The monthly pool party at the glamourous 5-star Sofitel So Hotel is widely regarded as the best of its kind in Bangkok. So Pool Party is a place to see, as well as be seen. Deep house is the music of choice around the main poolside area, and hip-hop beats rock the garden; 400 baht gets you entry Read More...
- Opening Hours: last Sunday of the month from 1pm to 9pm
- Location: 10th floor, Sofitel So Hotel, 2 North Sathorn Road, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0) 2624 0000
Tawandang Brew House
With a seating capacity of 1,600, you will be hard pushed to find a bigger drinking venue in Bangkok than this German beer hall, that presents its own brand of ‘musical theatre’. With live entertainment that includes singing, dancing and instrumentals, the stage show is a visual extravaganza well worth seeing.
Tawandang takes its cue from Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 1am
- Location: 462 61 Rama III Rd, Chong Nonsi, Yan Nawa, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 678 1114
The Roof @ 38 at Mode Sathorn Hotel
The Roof @38th Bar at Mode Sathorn Hotel is a new rooftop bar in Bangkok! Rooftops keep on popping up faster than you can climb them and we are not going to complain about it. On the 38th floor of this new fashionable hotel, easily identifiable by its mauve colour, you are way above the traffic Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 1am (Sunday closes at midnight)
- Location: 144 N Sathon Rd, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thaland
Vertigo and Moon Bar
Situated on the rooftop of the Banyan Tree, the 360-degree panorama offers a bird’s eye view of Bangkok, providing the perfect opportunity to enjoy some sunset cocktails 61 floors above ground level. Here, you really get the sense that you are floating mid-air with the cool night’s breeze. There's just a sheet of glass between you and Read More...
- Opening Hours: Moon Bar from 5pm to 1am
- Address: 21/100 South, S Sathon Rd, Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 679 1200
Vertigo Too at Banyan Tree Bangkok
Vertigo Too lounge bar at Banyan Tree Bangkok is located just one floor below the famous Vertigo rooftop bar, but at this fancy lounge, you can enjoy a starry night sky no matter what the weather is!
This indoor cocktail bar’s galaxy theme is definitely unique, as is the gourmet tapas-inspired menu. The drink’s menu Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - 01:00 daily
- MRT: Lumphini
- BTS: Sala Daeng
- Address: 60th floor, 21/100 Banyan Tree Hotel, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn
- Tel: +66 (0)2 679 1200
The Zuk Bar offers an elegant, intimate setting with views of the courtyard garden and lotus ponds on one side and a water garden with its mystical stupas on the other. It's an ideal place for aperitifs, after-dinner drinks or perhaps off-the-record business drinks. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 1am (Sunday close at midnight)
- Address: The Sukhothai Bangkok, 13/3 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 344 8888