The best restaurants in Childlom can be found along the streets (soi) between the Phloen Chit and Chit Lom BTS Skytrain Stations. Bangkok’s central business district is known for housing embassies, 5-star hotels, and luxury malls, giving it an international feel.
At first, you notice plenty of fine-dining restaurants, usually European, but there are plenty of casual cafes in this area. Hotels here also has many excellent restaurants, some which are included in our list of best places to eat in Chidlom. We've also thrown in a couple of excellent spots if you want to enjoy tasty and affordable Thai cuisine in this part of Bangkok.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Elements at The Okura Prestige Bangkok serves exceptional French cuisine with Japanese influences. The Michelin-starred restaurant has a relaxed dining atmosphere, with an open kitchen concept and cantilevered terrace. Located on the 25th floor, Elements is easy to reach thanks to a direct walkway from the Phloen Chit BTS Skytrain Station. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 6pm to 10.30pm (closed on Mondays)
- Address: The Okura Prestige Bangkok, 57 Witthayu Rd, Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 687 9099
Savelberg at Oriental Residence Bangkok is run by Henk Savelberg, a critically-acclaimed chef behind 4 Michelin-starred restaurants in The Netherlands. The Dutch international made a name for himself in the French fine-dining scene over the past 3 decades, and the menu at this Bangkok outlet is no different – think immaculately presented signature dishes available a la carte or as a set menu. You can find this elegant restaurant next to the Dutch Embassy on Wireless Road. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 12pm to 2pm and from 6pm to 10pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: Oriental Residence Bangkok, 110 Witthayu Rd, Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 252 8001
Osha at Royal Residence Park takes authentic Thai dishes and adds playful techniques and modern presentation to create a unique dining experience. Think tom yum soup served in a percolator, prime Wagyu beef with holy basil in a granite bowl, and cocktails that come with royal crowns. It's a whimsical restaurant that delivers on both taste and style. You can find Osha Bangkok on the corner of Wireless Road and Ruam Rudee Road, close to the Phloen Chit BTS Skytrain and Lumphini MRT stations. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 2.30pm and from 6pm to midnight
- Location: 99 Royal Resident Park Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 256 6555
Saneh Jaan is a stylish restaurant offering an elegant take on heritage Thai cuisine. The style of its dining room evokes an early 20th-century European design, with photos of old-world Thailand adding to the ambience. The menu includes traditional Thai dishes made with quality local ingredients, such as black bean curd, hand-pounded curry paste, rice and glass noodles, as well as organic vegetables. Try the sweet-and-sour vermicelli with grilled freshwater prawns or the cumin-leaf curry with free-range chicken. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 2pm and from 6pm to 10pm
- Address: 130 Witthayu Rd, Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 650 9880
The food at Baan Restaurant is 100% Thai without compromise, thanks to Chef Ton’s extensive knowledge of traditional ingredients and recipes. Standouts include the som tum pa (green papaya spicy salad with fermented fish), larb nua (spicy, dry-aged minced beef salad), and moo satay (pork skewers). Located close to Lumphini Park, this rather hidden restaurant is around 1.7 km south of the Phloen Chit BTS Skytrain Station. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday and Wednesday–Sunday from 11.30am to 2.30pm and from 6pm to 10.30pm (closed on Tuesdays)
- Location: 139/5 Wireless Rd, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 655 8995
Zuma is a beautiful and exquisite Japanese restaurant designed by Noriyoshi Muramatsu, owner of Studio Glitt in Tokyo. Located the ground floor of the St Regis Bangkok, this restaurant offers you several ways to enjoy Japanese cuisine. You can sit at the sushi counter to see the chefs at work or try the robatayaki if you are a meat lover. A chef skilfully cuts and grills beef, lamb or seafood for the customers seated around the cooking table. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 1am
- Address: 159 Ratchadamri Rd, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 252 4707
Bawarchi at InterContinental Bangkok is the flagship venue of a well-known Indian-Thai family of restaurateurs. With over 15 years of experience, the restaurant has won over locals, tourists and Bangkok’s substantial Indian community with their famous tandoori kebabs, creamy curries, and flavoursome vegetarian dishes. Bawarchi Bangkok also wins marks for their sizable drinks lists, which has an extensive range of international spirits, beers and wines. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to midnight
- Address: 973 Phloen Chit Rd, Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 656 0102
Erawan Tea Room
Erawan Tea Room at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok is popular for its English-style afternoon teas. This attractive teahouse is on Level 2 of the hotel, overlooking the famous Erawan Shrine. The selection of herbal teas is excellent, with labels from India, China, Sri Lanka, and Thailand. Try its Thai-inspired afternoon tea set, which has scones with Chiang Mai strawberry jam, flower-shaped dumplings with crab, crispy basket bites with roasted coconut, and mango sticky rice. While afternoon tea is a highlight, Erawan Tea Room is also a great stop for lunch if you’re shopping in Chidlom.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: 494 Ratchadamri Rd, Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 254 6250
Glasshouse at Sindhorn Bangkok stretches from Wireless Road on one side to Langsuan Road on the other. It’s a looming structure of glass-and-steel with several high-end restaurants and cafes. Come for lunch and take advantage of excellent lunch specials, or enjoy dinner in stylish surroundings, either inside the 2-storey plaza or in the garden, where you can dine al fresco and enjoy live music. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 2pm and from 6pm to 10pm
- Location: 130-132 Wireless Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 263 2500