Riverside Bangkok has plenty of excellent places to go shopping, from luxury department stores to tourist-free night markets. The Chao Phraya River has plenty happening on its banks, as it used to be the main thoroughfare for goods in Bangkok.
When it comes to shopping in this area, markets are plentiful – there’s a flower market that stays open until the early hours of the morning, and another market specialising in Buddhist religious icons. Shopping malls are also plentiful in Bangkok Riverside, where you can find designer labels and authentic antiques, as well as a host of dining options. Check out our guide on shopping in Riverside Bangkok below.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Asiatique The Riverfront occupies a huge replica warehouse complex in Bangkok Riverside, offering over 1,500 boutiques and 40 restaurants. Market stall prices are higher than elsewhere, but if you’re travelling with kids, they’ll enjoy the massive Ferris Wheel, arcade games, and live shows. 2 of Asiatique’s biggest entertainment draws are the Thai puppets by Joe Louis Theatre and Calypso Cabaret, one of Bangkok’s celebrated ladyboy shows. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4pm to midnight
- Location: 2194 Charoenkrung Road, Wat Phraya Krai, Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)92 246 0812
Tha Maharaj is a shopping mall in Bangkok’s historic Old City, where you can visit the iconic Wat Pho and Grand Palace. The mall also benefits from an idyllic riverside location, with a good line-up of cafes, restaurants and bars taking advantage of the handsome views across the water. Special events often take place at the riverside concourse, including live music gigs, farmers markets, and food festivals. Tha Maharaj has its very own pier, so arriving by boat is the most popular way to reach the mall. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Address: 1/11 Trok Mahathat, Maharaj Rd, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
- Tel: +66(0)2 024 1393
Yodpiman River Walk
Yodpiman River Walk is a lifestyle mall focusing on a heritage theme inspired by the architecture of Thailand’s Ayutthaya period. Ornate, period fixtures are fitted throughout the mall, very much in keeping with the feel of Old City Bangkok. Its wide promenade offers great river views and a cooling breeze, souvenir shopping, plenty of restaurants and snack stalls, as well as a large beer garden with live music in the evenings.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 11pm
- Location: Chakkraphet Rd, Wang Burapha Phirom, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 623 6640
Ta Tian Market is a fresh marketplace by the riverside, just opposite the white walls of Wat Pho. The market is often missed by travellers who often take a break at one of the charming little cafes under the arches of the Sino-Portuguese façades. You can find its small entrance right in the middle of this U-shaped heritage style building. Walking through the maze-like Ta Tian market is both fun and disorienting experience. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 6.30pm
- Location: Maha Rat Rd, Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
OP Place (Oriental Plaza) feels more like an art gallery or museum than a department store with 50 boutiques displaying fantastic antiques. There are also some well-known tailors and jewellers throughout the shopping mall. It has a reputation for luxury, with all antiques issued with certificates from Thailand’s Fine Arts Department, so you can shop without worrying about counterfeits. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30 to 6.30pm (some stores close on Sundays)
- Location: 30/1 Charoen Krung 38, Charter Bank, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 266 0186
River City is a 4-storey mall overlooking sweeping views of the Chao Phraya River. It is a playground for antique lovers and collectors, with floors dedicated to high-quality antiques and collectables. It also has a collection of fashion shops selling Thai silk, gems and leather accessories. Many often come here to shop for décor items, including wooden masks, bronze sculptures. and Thai crafts. The waterfront promenade has a small line-up of restaurants with outdoor terraces overlooking the Chao Phraya River. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: 23 Soi Charoen Krung 24, Talat Noi, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 237 0077
Robinson Bangrak is a modern shopping mall in Bangkok Riverside. It offers a wide range of international brands, as well as a supermarket stocking branded foodstuffs from Europe, Australia and America. A small market runs outside the shopping mall, where you can find plenty of fresh fruit and street food stalls. Robinson Bangrak Shopping Mall spans 4 floors, with shops split into different sections. The namesake department store taking up most of the space, housing make-up and perfume counters such as L’Oreal, Calvin Klein, and Shiseido. Homeware, luggage and toys can be found on the mall’s upper levels. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 10pm
- Location: 1522 Charoen Krung Rd, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 238 0052
Pak Klong Talad is a 24-hour market with so many flowers that you feel that you’ve stepped far away from the streets of Bangkok. Located in the Old Town, the best time to experience the action is around 4am when trucks and carts arrive from other parts of Thailand to unload piles of fresh flowers. If you just want to walk around the flower market, visit a little later in the morning to see hundreds of vendors creating wreaths and floral displays. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 24/7
- Location: Pak Klong Talad, Memorial Bridge to Khlong Lord, Chak Phet Rd., Bangkok, Thailand
Sena Fest Mall is a community mall on the Thonburi side of the Chao Phraya River. Well-designed, attractive and colourful, you’ll find around 120 shops mostly catering to families and younger crowds. The top floor is shared between kids’ education and beauty salons, so mums can pamper themselves while the kids enjoy playgrounds, music classes, and junior cooking classes. Food options include chain restaurants serving Japanese, Korean, and Thai dishes. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 10pm
- Location: 542/1-2 Charoennakorn Road, Khlong Ton Sai, Klong San, Bangkok 10600, Thailand
Saphan Phut Night Market
Saphan Phut Night Market is a surprisingly tourist-free marketplace near the Memorial Bridge. Set up usually starts at 5pm and gets busier from 8pm. The market mostly sells clothes, both new and second-hand. Prices are cheaper than at most markets in Bangkok Riverside, and there are plenty of stalls offering authentic Thai street food.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 2am
- Location: 79-135 Phaya Mai Rd, Somdet Chao Phraya, Khlong San, Bangkok 10600, Thailand